Meet Implant Dentist John D. Beckwith, DMD
- Dental Education
- Professional Dental Affiliations
- Dentistry Awards
- Choosing the Best Implant Dentist
- Why Choose Dr. Beckwith
Dr. John D. Beckwith has been offering state-of-the-art dental solutions at Cornerstone Dental for more than 30 years. In addition to performing a wide range of general, cosmetic, and advanced treatment options, he has become known for his advanced expertise in implant dentistry. In fact, Dr. Beckwith is one of the top implant providers in the U.S., and he is accredited by some of the leading dental implant organizations in the world.
Having placed over 5,000 implants over his career, Dr. Beckwith has become skilled at performing the procedure for even the most complex of cases. To stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements, and always be working to refine his surgical techniques, he periodically undergoes continuing education courses, such as the surgical program at the Misch International Implant Institute.
With a commitment to achieving excellence in the field of implant dentistry, Dr. Beckwith is proud to offer an elevated level of surgical care to ultimately produce the most aesthetic, functional tooth replacements possible.
- Dental School: University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine
- Hospital Externship Program: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Two-Year Fellowship: Institute of Growth and Development in Pediatrics
- Undergraduate: Fairleigh Dickinson University (magna cum laude)
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral Implantology
- Fellow: International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Fellow: Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow: American Academy Implant Dentistry
- Member: American Dental Association
- Member: N.J. State Dental Association
- “American Top Dentist” (2011, 2014)
- “NJ Top Dentist” (2011, 2012, 2014)
How to Choose the Best Implant Dentist for Your Needs
When selecting the surgeon for your dental implant procedure, it is important that you find a highly qualified and experienced professional. By choosing a doctor who has undergone the necessary training and frequently performs the procedure, you can ensure you are receiving safe care and limit your risk of complications. In addition, the expertise of the professional who crafts and affixes your dental crown to the implant post will determine the aesthetics of your new restoration in conjunction with the rest of your smile.
The following are important features to look for in an implant dentist to ensure you are receiving the best possible care:
- Specialized Training: They have undergone continuing education courses that have involved specialized training for dental implants.
- Experienced: They have years of experience with placing dental implants, which can help indicate they have completed cases at various levels of complexity.
- Credentialed by Implant Organizations: They maintain active status in respected implant boards and organizations, such as the AAID, ICOI, and ABOI/ID—all of which require their members to uphold high standards of excellence.
- Patient Examples: They can present patient testimonials and before-and-after photos to help you understand what to expect throughout your experience and in your final results.
The right implant dentist for your individual needs will make you feel comfortable and confident in their abilities, as well as be honest about what can realistically be achieved in your procedure. If you have any doubts about their skills, you should meet with additional specialists to make sure you find a dentist you can trust.
What Distinguishes Dr. Beckwith from Other Implant Dentists in New Jersey?
Patients who come to Cornerstone Dental for their implant procedure are receiving care from a specialist with the highest level of skill and expertise possible in implant dentistry. While some practices may refer you to an oral surgeon to complete the implant placement, or to a cosmetic dentist to attach the crown, Dr. Beckwith is experienced in all stages of the process. He has undergone extensive training in implant dentistry to offer patients high quality care. Within his almost 30 years of performing the dental implant procedure, Dr. Beckwith has earned the status of Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), as well as Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (ABOI/ID), which requires six years of practicing implant dentistry, presenting cases to be reviewed, and passing a set of rigorous examinations.
Since all stages of the dental implant procedure are performed in-house, Dr. Beckwith is able to fully customize treatment and be with you every step of the way. He utilizes state-of-the-art technology to perform your surgery to achieve optimal results. This includes the ScanX Digital Panoramic X-Ray System for evaluating patients to determine if they are good candidates. He also employs CBCT (CAT scan) technology to ensure a proper diagnosis and make it possible to begin the planning process immediately. This also allows him to perform computer-guided surgery with the utmost precision and provide you with a shorter recovery.